Site Weir ESCO
Are you a seasoned sales manager in the Dredging industry? Do you have an entrepreneurial drive and are you ready for your best next move to take on a new opportunity to work with a world class leader which has an unrelenting focus on product innovation and is constantly developing new materials? Then working at our client might be the perfect fit for you!
Weir ESCO is a globally recognized leader of ground engaging technology used in the surface mining, infrastructure, and dredge markets. From the initial design and manufacturing to field maintenance, ESCO’s global engineering and technical teams offer expert support to customers who need equipment for large mining machines, excavators, or dredgers. The products are used in some of the harshest environments on earth—from mining hard rock to produce the copper that is essential to electric vehicles, renewable energy and building large infrastructure projects in cities worldwide. ESCO, a division of the global Weir Group, is world leader in Dredge cutterheads and ground engaging technology.
Scope and position
Since the current jobholder will be retiring in the coming year, we are looking for a Technical Sales Manager – Dredge who will become his successor. In this position you will be primarily responsible for all sales activities and aim for surpassing sales growths targets, developing new accounts and building strong customer relationships. You will contribute in establishing ESCO as a value-added leader in the market place. In this position you will further develop and nurture existing contacts and opportunities in the dredge industry. You will report to the Global Product and Engineering Manager who is based in Portland. Also, you will work frequently with other departments such as marketing, supply chain and your colleagues in the region.
Further task and responsibilities
- Sales Forecasting and Business Development
- Manage relationships with key global dredge accounts, through direct contact with customers, from operators to owners
- You willassist regional sales force, sales agents, and dealers in sales of Dredge products by providing technical sales and product support.
- Provide technical support for sales force and customers on location at projects and at headquarters.
- Supervise and coordinate fabrication of ESCO product at subcontractor locations. Ensure that the fabrication output conforms to the Engineering Standards.
Who are you
You are a naturally curious and innovative sales professional, and you are ready to further build your career at the forefront of the Dredging community. You understand the market and the customers in order to develop compelling customer value proposition to differentiate the product line from the competition. You have the learning agility to develop into a more senior role. You are able to identify and generate business opportunities. To be successful you need to be a self-starter and self-organised and able to communicate effectively with stakeholders in- and outside our organization. You have an ability to understand and analyse complex questions, manage and deliver on high impact projects, and build business connections. Willingness to travel in your region, approximately 25-50% and worldwide as well.
Other words that come to mind
Customer Driven, solution-oriented, structured way of working, dealing with ambiguity and driven to succeed, you have the ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts, excellent negotiation skills, ability to see the bigger picture, hands on mentality, high impact communicator
Further you bring
- Education: BA, BS or equivalent degree in a technical field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the dredge industry. Strong knowledge of the dredge industry worldwide.
- Solid Key Account Management skills and if you bring marketing and operations experience this is a plus
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent command of English (and Dutch preferred) in word and writing
- Comfortable working in international environments
We’re less concerned about specifics and decades of experience than we are about passion, capability, sales management skills and cultural fit.
This position offers a great fulltime opportunity to become part of a global market leader, in a role that is pivotal, and which will place you at the centre of cooperation between many different departments within Weir.
Though the position is based remote you will become part of a close-knit team that drives change and makes an impact on developing new and sustainable business.
Furthermore, our clients offers:
- Dutch or Belgium contract depending on your location
competitive fixed total annual pay of 75k – 90k depending on prior experience
- Attractive bonus compensation
- Flexible working hours, remote working, learning and development opportunities; our client is always open for a conversation to discuss your individual needs
- Our Client takes pride in providing a quality workplace and promoting equality workplace opportunities for all
If this sounds like you
Please contact Melanie Grooten or Kim Jongkind who are happy to tell you more about this opportunity and the recruitment process. You can contact Melanie via +31631764581 or Kim via +31627034855. Or just click on the button and apply.